Friday, September 29, 2006

One In A Million, Are You Sure?


With all these issues cropping for the past week regarding One In A Million Grand Finale result, it really irks me most of how messy it has become. It took the whole 6 months to finally choose a winner and it turned out to be a debatable one! Don't get me wrong, I think Suki is good (better than some professional singers out there) and I strongly believe she deserved to be in the final BUT it was quite obvious who was better, overall. I'm not a racist. I totally concur on Jac being the winner in the first Malaysian Idol. Quality is the upmost. What upsets me the most is how she won it, by a technical hiccup! And this was admitted by Ahmad Izham, 8TV COO. There was a problem with the SMS voting system and it caused someone a million bucks! And that unlucky person was Faizal, the other finalist.

For me, it was too obvious that he was suppose to win it. Not only he deserved it, that night, he blew everybody away. And I mean everybody in the hall, including myself with his superb performances! And the best part was, the organizer is blaming voters for voting at the very last minute that led to the SMS congestion. I feel, even to the very last second, they should be able to accept all the votes coming in. I don't recall such rule stating that last minute votes will not be counted. If the SMS system used was standard in many mass-SMS applications like Malaysian Idol and Polis Saman, claimed by the organizer, why the hiccup? Even my mom complained that she SMSs ten times for Faizal and it all bounced!

Well, at the end of the day, it goes back to accountability. One can't just take the easy way out and blame on the system or the public for voting last minte. After all, this involves rezeki orang. And today in the papers, the organizer is offering refunds for the voters affected. The way I look at it, the mess is getting messier...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Agree with you. But, why you did'nt comment on the other performers on that night? Especially Dayang. I think, she's terrible! Something like to show off and you know that when people started to scream, I just looked at you and we laughed together. Remember what did Junairi say? Hahahaha...