Thursday, June 05, 2008

Crazy Midnight Petrol Sale!

So last night was indeed a midnight rush! I'm speaking about the Crazy Petrol Midnight Sale that happened, I believed from 6pm to 1am, last night. It was utter madness, both ways, for the Government and us. An increment of 40% is just too much and too fast! One minute, we got the impression that the petrol hike was going to happen in August, the next few hours, it was the next day. Cilakoi betoi!

And due to that everybody had gone crazy rushing to the petrol stations. Honestly, I don't blame any of us. However, the immediate impact was, TRAFFIC JAMS EVERYWHERE!!! Why? Because people were queuing up at all petrol stations everywhere. Really it was a domino effect.

Petrol Up = Rush to Petrol Stations = Long queues @ petrol stations = spill over to road = TRAFFIC JAMS!!!

Going back from work was crazy as it took me almost 2 hours from Desa Seri Hartamas to Kelana Jaya! And I don't even live in Kelana Jaya! It was just half way!!!! Due to the chaos, me and my girlfriend decided to have our dinner in Kelana Jaya since it was pointless heading back to USJ at the time. I pity for those who had made plans for the night, everything must have gone haywire. Sigh..c'est la vie in Malaysia.

No comments: