Wednesday, January 24, 2007

ABPBH vs The Flood

Of late, been very busy with my work. Going outstations every weekend since end of December 06. Didn't even wish everybody a Happy New Year. Oh well, just another year. Pejam celik dah end of January.

On the 13th to 15th of January, I was in Johor doing my Anugerah Bintang Popular Berita Harian Roadshow at Pasir Gudang. Initially, we were a bit sceptical of the crowd response since the major flood that hit Johor state earlier. The day we arrived in JB, more than 100,000 Johorians had to be evacuated from their homes as the flood was really bad. Even on the day of the event itself, it was raining the whole day.

Ironically, we got the biggest crowd to date compared to other roadshows! More than 8,000 people turned up! Really was a pleasant surprise. Nobody expected such a response. Even I had done roadshows in Johor a few years back, but none could top this. I guess, the power of ABPBH brand has reached to a new height. And I'm very proud to be a part of it.

We came back to KL on Monday, 15th January. On the way back, we stopped by at Ayer Hitam and visited the flood victims at several flood evacuation centres. Most of the artistes joined the cause. Seeing the flood victims face beamed when they saw their favourite stars visited them was a pure joy! This was the first time for myself, too, experiencing such event. It really made me appreciate life more. It really hit me when I saw the victims, especially, the children and babies. At least, for a moment there, we helped them to forget their sorrow. Even, most of the artistes walked through the flood water just to visit some victims at their homes. Later, all the artistes, helped distributed hundreds of packets of food to the flood victims.

We headed home soon after, feeling a little bit better.

1 comment:

Inn said...

got here from Ome's blog. i see my fren's face in the last picture. his name is izwan. but we call him kutek. heh.